This is an attempted division of the Tabernacle, found in Exodus 25-30 as per the instructions that God gave to Moses when he was on the mountain for 40 days.
I used the aid of respected writers/commentators, along with clear sections/divisions in the Bible, the Word of God. This is to encourage a study of this wonderful subject, looking for Christ in these pages and divisions.
- Ex 25:1-9 intro & preparation for tabernacle
- Ex 25:10-22 the Ark of the Covenant and the Mercy-Seat
- Ex 25:23-30 the Table of Showbread
- Ex 25:31-40 the Menorah, or Lampstand
- Ex 26:1-14 the Tabernacle Curtains
- Ex 26:15-30 A Sure Foundation – the Acacia Boards
- Ex 26:31-37 The Veil and holy of holies (v 33-34)
- Ex 27:1-8 the Brazen Altar – the righteousness of God
- Ex 27:9-21 the Courtyard
- Ex 28:1-14 the Ephod (parts 10-13 are all one and form chapters 28 and 29, the ceremonial and consecration of the priesthood)
- Ex 28:15-30 the Breastplate of Judgment
- Ex 28:31-43 Clothed in Majesty and righteousness
- Ex 29 Consecration of Aaron and his sons/priesthood
- Ex 30:1-10 the Altar of Incense
- Ex 30:11-16 the ransom money
- Ex 30:17-21 the Brazen or Copper Laver – washing
- Ex 30:22-33 the holy anointing of oil
- Ex 30:34-38 the holy perfume, or incense
As stated, this is a division of the different items of the tabernacle, without giving any commentary on what these divisions are about. May God encourage a thorough study of these sections, and thinking about Christ will be of most benefit.